Fresh Strawberry Cream Pie (Lower Sugar, Gluten Free, Grain Free)
- 1 9-inch gluten-free "grapham cracker" pie crust
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese room temperature
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam I recommend a lower sugar version
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 quarts fresh whole strawberries washed and green tops removed
- Mix together cream cheese and honey and beat in a mixer for 2 to 3 minutes, until smooth. Fold in mascarpone cheese and set aside.
- Combine jam and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Cool completely.
- Spread cream cheese mixture into bottom of prepared, cooled pie crust.
- Carefully arrange strawberries top down onto cream cheese layer, covering the whole surface of the pie. Pour strawberry jam mixture over top evenly, using a pastry brush to be sure the whole surface of each strawberry is covered.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
This special dessert is perfect for Easter or celebrating the beginning of spring. It is not low-sugar, but it uses a lot less sugar than typical desserts. So, enjoy a reasonable portion (1/8 of the pie) topped with fresh whipped cream!