Fresh Strawberry Cream Pie (Lower Sugar, Gluten Free, Grain Free)
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 9-inch gluten-free "grapham cracker" pie crust
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese room temperature
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam I recommend a lower sugar version
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 quarts fresh whole strawberries washed and green tops removed
Mix together cream cheese and honey and beat in a mixer for 2 to 3 minutes, until smooth. Fold in mascarpone cheese and set aside.
Combine jam and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Cool completely.
Spread cream cheese mixture into bottom of prepared, cooled pie crust.
Carefully arrange strawberries top down onto cream cheese layer, covering the whole surface of the pie. Pour strawberry jam mixture over top evenly, using a pastry brush to be sure the whole surface of each strawberry is covered.
Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
This special dessert is perfect for Easter or celebrating the beginning of spring. It is not low-sugar, but it uses a lot less sugar than typical desserts. So, enjoy a reasonable portion (1/8 of the pie) topped with fresh whipped cream!