Salmon Potato Cakes
- 3 cups potatoes, peeled, and rinsed and drained well (or frozen hash browns)
- 2 7.5-oz. cans wild Alaskan sockeye salmon (I got mine at Trader Joe’s)
- 1/4 white onion, grated
- 4 eggs
- 2 t. lemon juice
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. dill
- 1/4 t. garlic powder
- Peel and grate about 3 to 4 white potatoes and place in bowl of water. Rinse until water runs clear. Strain and dry on a clean kitchen towel to squeeze as much water as possible from grated potato. Salmon cakes will be crumbly if there is too much water.
- Drain liquid from canned salmon. Combine salmon with remaining ingredients.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in cast iron skillet. Form each cake with about 1/4 cup of salmon mixture, flattening a little as necessary. Cook each cake for about 2 to 3 minutes or until ready to flip. Continue cooking until heated through.