B's Homemade Guacamole
- 3 medium avocados
- 1/2 small onion finely diced
- 1 small tomato diced
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper seeded and diced (leave seeds in for extra heat)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoons olive oil optional
Combine the onion, tomato and pepper in a blender or food processor until finely chopped; then add in the cilantro and pulse a few times. (Or chop each vegetable by hand if preferred.) Stop here if making ahead of time and add avocados at the last minute to avoid browning.
Use fork to mash avocados; mix with juice from 1 lime.
Add avocados to chopped vegetables and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Enjoy guacamole on top of Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls, fish tacos, or burgers; or as a dip for vegetables and a few organic corn tortilla chips.