B's Homemade Guacamole
- 3 medium avocados
- 1/2 small onion finely diced
- 1 small tomato diced
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper seeded and diced (leave seeds in for extra heat)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoons olive oil optional
- Combine the onion, tomato and pepper in a blender or food processor until finely chopped; then add in the cilantro and pulse a few times. (Or chop each vegetable by hand if preferred.) Stop here if making ahead of time and add avocados at the last minute to avoid browning.
- Use fork to mash avocados; mix with juice from 1 lime.
- Add avocados to chopped vegetables and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Enjoy guacamole on top of Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls, fish tacos, or burgers; or as a dip for vegetables and a few organic corn tortilla chips.