Inside Out Egg Rolls
This easy, lower carb, stir-fry meal is so flavorful and as satisfying as take-out. If you're lucky to have leftovers, they taste as good or even better the next day. (My kids usually call dibs on them!)
- 2 tablespoons sesame or coconut oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 6 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 2 pounds ground pork or chicken
- 2 tablespoons garlic chili paste, or to taste (like Sriracha sauce, but without added sugar)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 14-oz. bags of cole slaw mix (without the dressing)
- 6-8 whole green onions chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large stir fry pan. Cook the onion, garlic and ginger a few minutes until transparent and fragrant.
- Add meat, chili paste, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar and stir until meat is cooked.
- Add coleslaw mix and stir a few minutes more until it is wilted.
- Stir in the green onions.
- Serve as complete meal or along with cauliflower rice or brown rice, if you prefer.