Grilled Basil Shrimp
- 2 pounds shrimp
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. melted butter
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 T. Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed or minced
- 1/2 t. salt
- pepper, to taste
- Thaw shrimp and peel, if necessary.
- Combine marinade ingredients; add to shrimp and marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Grill on skewers over medium heat.
I always look for seafood caught in the waters of the USA. If I can't find local shrimp (usually from neighboring NC), then I buy Emeril Lagasse's brand of frozen shrimp, which is wild-caught in the USA.
This shrimp is delicious served with sauteed zucchini slices topped with parmesan cheese and a simple salad.