Blue Cheese Bacon Burger Salad
These everyday ingredients come together to make an impressive, delicious, main-dish salad! It's also gluten free, grain free and lower carb.
- 2 lbs ground beef (grassfed)
- 1 medium onion, grated or finely chopped
- 1/8 t. salt
- 8 to 10 cups salad greens
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 1/2 can sliced olives
- 32 slices dill pickles
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
Preheat oven to 400. Light grill. Arrange slices of raw bacon on jelly roll pan. Cook in oven for 20 minutes, or until brown and crispy. Crumble when cool.
While bacon is cooking, combine ground beef with chopped onion (a food processor speeds this up and makes the pieces of onion undetectable to finicky kids). Form into 8 patties. Grill hamburgers until cooked as desired.
Chop tomatoes and avocado. Arrange all salad ingredients as a DIY build-your-own salad station and assemble salads as desired. Top with homemade garlic ranch dressing.