Blue Cheese Bacon Burger Salad
These everyday ingredients come together to make an impressive, delicious, main-dish salad! It's also gluten free, grain free and lower carb.
- 2 lbs ground beef (grassfed)
- 1 medium onion, grated or finely chopped
- 1/8 t. salt
- 8 to 10 cups salad greens
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 1/2 can sliced olives
- 32 slices dill pickles
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400. Light grill. Arrange slices of raw bacon on jelly roll pan. Cook in oven for 20 minutes, or until brown and crispy. Crumble when cool.
- While bacon is cooking, combine ground beef with chopped onion (a food processor speeds this up and makes the pieces of onion undetectable to finicky kids). Form into 8 patties. Grill hamburgers until cooked as desired.
- Chop tomatoes and avocado. Arrange all salad ingredients as a DIY build-your-own salad station and assemble salads as desired. Top with homemade garlic ranch dressing.