Thai Yellow Curry with Baked Tofu
This easy vegan curry is so flavorful and colorful!
- 2 packages of baked tofu
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 whole bell peppers red, yellow, and orange, chopped (or about 3 cups frozen peppers)
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste or to taste; I used Maesri brand, half of a 4 ounce can and it was spicy!
- 2 13.5-ounce cans coconut milk
- 1 cup of broth chicken or vegetable (I prefer homemade, which I keep in the freezer, but canned will work)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce optional; substitute salt if fish sauce is omitted
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup or to taste
- 3 cups green beans frozen
- 1/2 cup fresh basil coarsely chopped
- Make baked tofu. (This part can be done even a day in advance and kept in the refrigerator until added to curry.)
- While tofu is baking, chop 3 peppers (or use frozen). Place remaining 2 tablespoons coconut oil in pan and saute peppers until almost tender.
- Add red curry paste and stir to release flavors for about 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk, broth, fish sauce (if using), and maple syrup.
- Add frozen green beans; simmer on low until tofu is done baking.
- Add baked tofu and chopped basil. Simmer until warmed throughout.
Serve over cauliflower rice or brown rice. Leftovers are delicious, as all the flavors have more time to blend together.