Sheet Pan Italian Sausage, Pepper and Zucchini Bake
This is one of the easiest recipes you can make, with only sheet pans to wash!
- 2 pounds Italian sausage local, if possible
- 4 large bell peppers stems removed and quartered
- 4 medium zucchini cut into 1/4 in-slices
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Good-quality Italian Parmesan cheese for topping optional
Prepare bell peppers and zucchini and spread evenly among two full-size sheet pans. Spray vegetables lightly with olive oil mister (or use a brush). Sprinkle with salt, if desired.
Slice raw sausage into bite-size pieces. Divide in two and spread on both sheet pans among peppers and zucchini.
Roast at 400 for 15 minutes; stir. Continue to cook for 15 more minutes, or until sausage pieces are cooked throughly.
Combine food from both sheet pans and top with grated parmesan cheese.
This is a tasty, low-carb meal that even the kids will love. It is complete as is, or try it with mashed sweet potatoes and a leafy, green salad.