Patriotic Seven Layer Dip "Flag"
This is an easy, crowd-pleasing layered dip that is perfect for backyard celebrations (patriotic or not!)
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- 16 ounces canned refried beans
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup guacamole optional
- 8 ounces chipotle salsa I like Trader Joe's brand
- 1-2 cups chopped lettuce optional
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1/2 can (3.8-oz. can) sliced black olives drained
Combine taco seasoning and refried beans; stir well. Spread into bottom of rectangular baking pan.
Combine softened cream cheese and sour cream. Spread on top of bean layer.
Spread guacamole, if using, on top of cream layer.
Spread salsa on top of guacamole, which helps prevent browning.
Top with chopped lettuce, if using.
Top entire layer of lettuce with cheese.
Line up chopped tomatoes to resemble red stripes of the flag.
Place sliced olives in top left corner to resemble stars of flag.
This classic dip is delicious served with your favorite organic corn chips. You can make the dip several hours in advance, but omit the lettuce to avoid sogginess.