Mediterranean Carmelized Onion, Zucchini, Tomato and Feta Frittata
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cups zucchini noodles, cooked (leftover is perfect)
- 8 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 to 8 leaves of fresh basil
- 7 eggs, beaten
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Heat an 8-inch cast-iron skillet. When hot, add olive oil and onions; saute while stirring about 5 minutes or until soft, brown and carmellized, if desired.
- Add leftover zucchini noodles (zoodles) to onions in pan and stir till warm. (Or cook raw zoodles about 4 to 5 minutes until softened and water evaporates).
- Place tomato halves, feta cheese and basil leaves evenly on top of zoodle onion mixture.
- Beat eggs, add salt and pepper, and pour into skillet. Continue cooking on stovetop for a few minutes, or until sides seem slightly cooked.
- Place in 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Slice and serve.
This is a delicious way to use up leftover cooked zoodles, but feel free to cook them fresh for this frittata. Then you’ll have 4 days of breakfasts, depending on whether you will have to share!