- 1 pound ground beef grass-fed, if possible
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce no sugar added (I prefer Rao's)
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 7 large thin slices of pepperoni, uncured (optional)
- Combine raw ground beef, almond flour, and eggs in a large bowl. Spread meat mixture evenly into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Spread sauce around almost to edges. Sprinkle oregano on sauce.
- Top sauce with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni (if using).
- Bake at 425 for 25 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165.
This recipe is a delicious low-carb substitute for pizza. Try doubling it for leftovers; it warms well in the microwave. Serve with a fresh tossed salad and some roasted vegetables on the side.