Lower Carb Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream
You'll need an ice cream maker for this delicious, homemade treat! I use a Cuisinart 2 Qt Electric Ice Cream Maker and keep the bowl insert in the freezer all summer long. We can make ice cream anytime in about 30 minutes (usually while we walk the dog after dinner!) A serving contains 188 calories, 11 grams of carbohydrate and 15 grams of fat.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 t. salt
- 2 T. stevia (Spenda Naturals)
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Whip raw eggs in an electric mixer for 2 minutes until fluffy. (This recipe contains raw eggs; eat at your own risk!)
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a bowl. Then pour into frozen bowl insert. Place bowl insert into electric ice cream maker.
- Place lid on ice cream maker and turn machine on. Mix for 25 to 30 minutes (if the pitch of the machine starts to change, check if done).
- Enjoy as soft serve or freeze in a sealed container for later.