Instant Pot Chicken Piccata is a classic for a reason–it’s delicious, kind of fancy, yet super easy (thanks to the Instant Pot) even for a weeknight.
I prefer to serve Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Piccata as is, with roasted vegetables and a salad on the side. But you can certainly serve it over zucchini noodles (zoodles) to keep it lower carb (and gluten free if you need it).
Butter adds a lot of good flavor in this dish, but if you’re dairy free, simply use a little more olive oil.
If you try it, please leave a comment!
Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Piccata
This is an easy weeknight, yet guest-worthy, real-food meal! Capers are optional. Serve over zoodles, spaghetti squash or alongside roasted vegetables and caprese salad.
- 3 T. olive oil
- 2 lbs. chicken breast, sliced thin (6 pieces)
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 T. butter
- 1 1/2 medium lemons, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 T. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 T. capers (optional)
- Heat Instant Pot on saute setting until display reads “HOT”. In the meantime, prepare chicken pieces: dredge in tapioca flour, shake excess and salt and pepper each piece.
- Once Instant Pot reads “hot,” add oil and allow to heat. Cook chicken pieces 2 to 3 minutes per side to brown (work in batches). Remove all chicken to a plate.
- Melt butter in Instant Pot, then add chopped onion and cook about 5 minutes until soft. Return chicken pieces to Instant Pot (on top of onion). Arrange lemon slices over chicken. Pour white wine and water into Instant Pot. Add capers, if using.
- Set Instant Pot on Manual, HP (high pressure) for 2 minutes. Allow Natural Pressure Release for 5 minutes, then carefully release remaining pressure, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
One serving contains about 8 grams of carbohydrates.