Instant Pot Beef Stew
- 2 pounds beef stew meat grass fed, if possible
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 6 large carrots peeled and sliced on an angle
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cubed (I used local, white sweet potatoes)
- 1/2 8-ounce bag of frozen pearl onions
- 1 5.5-ounce can tomato juice (or substitute 2 T. tomato paste plus 1/2 cup of water)
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour mixed with 1 T. water
Combine all ingredients into Instant Pot, in the order listed above and stir gently.
Seal the Instant Pot, select the Meat/Stew setting, and set time to 35 minutes.
When timer is done, allow stew to rest and naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes. Then carefully vent to release the remaining steam pressure. Serve into bowls.
Serve with a fresh, simple salad on the side. If you don't have an Instant Pot, you can use a slow cooker on the low setting for 6 to 8 hours, or until beef is cooked and vegetables are tender.