Instant Pot Beef Stew
- 2 pounds beef stew meat (grass fed, if possible)
- 8 oz. baby portabella mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced on an angle
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (I used local, white sweet potatoes)
- 1/2 (8 oz.) bag of frozen pearl onions
- 1 (5.5 oz.) can tomato juice (or substitute 2 T. tomato paste plus 1/2 cup of water)
- 1/2 c. dry red wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 t. salt
- 1 t. dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 T. tapioca flour mixed with 1 T. water
- Combine all ingredients into Instant Pot, in the order listed above and stir gently.
- Seal the Instant Pot, select the Meat/Stew setting, and set time to 35 minutes.
- When timer is done, allow stew to rest and naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes. Then carefully vent to release the remaining steam pressure. Serve into bowls.
Serve with a fresh, simple salad on the side. If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can use a slow cooker on the low setting for 6 to 8 hours, or until beef is cooked and vegetables are tender.