- 1/3 cup butter or olive oil
- 2 pounds shrimp peeled and deveined
- 8 cloves of garlic peeled
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a cast iron skillet.
- Using a garlic press, press garlic cloves into butter and saute until garlic is fragrant and barely starts to brown (1 to 2 minutes).
- Add peeled shrimp, lemon juice, and 1/4 cup white wine, if using. You can substitute more lemon juice or broth if you want more sauce, or simply leave it out. Simmer until shrimp is cooked through, about 4 minutes.
This recipe takes me back to a Spanish tapas restaurant I frequented in Boston when I first met my husband. We could walk to it from his condo and it had such delicious, fresh, real food. But for my new reality, this garlic shrimp is an easy delicious weeknight meal! It can be served alone with roasted vegetables on the side, or over zoodles, cauliflower rice, or brown rice.