Flourless, Lower-Sugar Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
A delicious grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free (depending on the chips you use), lower-sugar version of a classic!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (choose dairy-free if needed)
- Preheat oven to 325. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, combine egg, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla; mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into an 8-inch cast-iron skillet. Bake in 325 oven for 15 to 20 minutes (test doneness with a toothpick). Remove from oven and allow to cool. Cut into 8 portions. Top with unsweetened fresh whipped cream or coconut cream, if desired.
This dessert contains approximate 20 grams of carbohydrates per serving, which is far fewer than the average American dessert!