These crackers have only five ingredients and are so delicious! I was looking for a better real-food option for the typical store-bought snack crackers for my kids. We all really enjoy these as a snack or as part of an “antipasto” spread, but they lose their crisp so are best eaten the same day they’re made.
Be sure to roll them very flat for crispier crackers. But even if they are thicker and more chewy, they are incredibly satisfying. Try them!
Flourless Cheese Crackers
These 5-ingredient crackers are so delicous and can be easily adapted with different cheeses or add-ins.
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- Choose one: dried rosemary, Old Bay, garlic powder, etc. (optional)
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl and stir well. Place bowl in the microwave for 1 minute, 30 seconds; stir melted cheeses until combined well. Allow mixture to cool enough before stirring in egg. Add additional seasonings, if using.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop all of the cheese mixture onto the parchment-lined baking sheet. Top with another full-size piece of parchment paper. Using your hands, spread dough as evenly as you can. Use a rolling pin to even it out.
- Score the dough sheet into squares using a knife or pizza cutter. Bake at 450 for about 10 minutes. Remove sheet from oven; rescore cracker cuts and flip each cracker over. Continue baking for about 5 minutes more, or until browned well. Allow crackers to cool completely (they will crisp up) before serving.
Try to roll the dough as thin as possible to get crispier crackers. But even if they are thicker and chewier, they are so delicious and biscuit-like in texture!