Are you a fan of Starbucks’ egg bites? If so, these are better!
Yes, you do have to make them…but homemade real-food breakfasts are better for you, cheaper and don’t have to take up all your time. These are a great make-ahead (and freezer-friendly) breakfast for weekly meal prep, yet they are special enough for a brunch crowd, too.
You can make these easy egg bites in an oven or Instant Pot. But no matter which way you make them, the flavor is delicious and the texture is so tender and satisfying!
Try them this week and let me know what you think!
Easy Egg Cups
- 10 large eggs
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces Gruyere cheese, cubed (or other cheese with strong flavor like cheddar or Asiago)
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cubed (or other cheese that melts well, such as muenster)
- 1/2 t. salt (or to taste)
- 1/8 t. pepper (or to taste)
- 2 slices bacon, crumbled (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375, if making in oven. If making in Instant Pot, set trivet into bottom of insert and pour in 1 cup of water.
- Combine all ingredients except bacon into a high-powered blender. Starting on low, increase speed to medium (6 or 7 on a Vitamix) gradually for about 10 seconds, or just until well-blended.
- Pour evenly into silicone muffin trays. (Will make 14-16 muffins, depending on size of trays). Add bacon bits to each egg cup, if desired.
- In Oven: bake at 375 for 18 to 20 minutes, or just until soft and just no longer liquidy. Tops will be slightly browned. In Instant Pot: Cover silicone molds with foil; stack on top of trivet. Cook on High Pressure for 8 minutes, Natural Pressure Release (NPR) for 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly before removing from silicone molds.