Easy Barbecue Sauce (No Cooking Required)
This barbecue sauce is great on grilled chicken or pork. Or you could simply slow-cook a pork shoulder sprinkled with chili powder, remove to a platter, shred the meat with a fork, and then mix in some of this barbecue sauce. Or you can use it as a base for hearty homemade baked beans.
- 2 cans tomato paste (6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 3 T. apple cider vinegar
- 1 T. real maple syrup (or to taste)
- 4 medium peaches, peeled and mashed
- 2 T. dried mustard
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. salt
- 1/4 t. cayenne (or more to taste)
- dash black pepper
Stir together all ingredients. For a smoother sauce, blend using a blender or immersion blender for 1 minute.
Use as desired. Store remaining sauce in a mason jar for up to 2 weeks or put it in the freezer.