Easy Barbecue Sauce
- 2 6-oz. cans tomato paste
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 3 T. apple cider vinegar
- 1 T. maple syrup
- 3 to 4 medium ripe peaches, peeled and mashed (or more maple syrup to taste)
- 2 T. dried mustard
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 t. cayenne, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Stir together all ingredients. For a smoother sauce, blend using a blender (or immersion blender) for 1 minute, if desired.
- Use as desired. Store remaining sauce in a mason jar for up to 2 weeks or put it in the freezer.
This barbecue sauce is great on grilled chicken or pork. Or you could simply slow-cook a pork shoulder sprinkled with chili powder, remove to a platter, shred the meat with a fork, and then mix in some of this barbecue sauce. Or you can use it as a base for hearty homemade baked beans.