This is a rich side dish, but it does make it easy to get in some greens! It goes well with simple foods such as grilled meat or rotisserie chicken and other non-starchy vegetables such as carrots or a simple salad.
- 1 pound fresh spinach
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or tapioca flour
- 4 ounces cream
- 2 ounces milk
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese divided
- Saute chopped onion in butter until browned. Spoon onions into baking dish.
- Saute spinach in pan until wilted; drain excess water from pan.
- Add onion back to pan with spinach. Add remaining ingredients through milk. Add Parmesan cheese, reserving 2 tablespoons for top. Stir few minutes until thickened.
- Pour into baking dish. Top with reserved parmesan cheese. Bake at 425 for about 20 minutes or until slightly brown on top.