- 1 pound (16 oz.) fresh spinach
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 T. butter or olive oil
- 1/2 t. salt
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 4 oz. cream
- 2 oz. milk
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- Saute chopped onion in butter until browned. Spoon onions into baking dish.
- Saute spinach in pan until wilted; drain excess water from pan.
- Add onion back to pan with spinach. Add remaining ingredients through milk. Add parmesan cheese, reserving 2 T. for top. Stir few minutes until thickened.
- Pour into baking dish. Top with reserved parmesan cheese. Bake at 425 for about 20 minutes or until slightly brown on top.