Cauliflower Fried Rice with Chicken
This is a delicious, kid-friendly and versatile recipe that uses up whatever you have on hand and comes together in 30 minutes! It also makes leftovers!
- 1 T. olive oil
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth (homemade or storebought)
- 2 bags Trader Joe's frozen cauliflower rice (12 oz.)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 3 cups cooked rice (I like to mix 1/2 brown, 1/2 white)
- 4 T. coconut aminos
- 2 T. Worcestershire sauce
- Heat stir-fry pan on medium-high heat. Add olive oil. When hot, add carrots and onions; cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often. Add yellow pepper and cook 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Add broccoli, frozen cauliflower rice, and unsalted chicken bone broth (I used homemade but you can use storebought), stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Move vegetables to side of pan, making room to scramble eggs. Crack eggs into pan and stir until cooked. Then stir eggs into vegetables.
- Add chicken, cooked rice, coconut aminos (or soy sauce if you prefer), and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until warmed through and serve!
This recipe is so versatile! Use whatever vegetables you have on hand: frozen peas, green beans, soybeans, etc. And feel free to use 100% cauliflower rice for an even lower-carb version instead of adding in some white/brown rice.