Baked Salmon with Dill Butter
- 1 1/2 pounds wild Alaskan sockeye salmon
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried dillweed
- 4 tablespoons of butter, softened
- 4 to 5 lemon slices (one per serving)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray baking pan with olive oil mister. Place fish, skin side down in baking dish. Salt and pepper, to taste. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While salmon is baking, stir together garlic cloves, softened butter and dillweed.
- Remove salmon from oven when done. Immediately spread butter mixture on top of salmon; serve when melted, along with fresh lemon slices, as desired.
The key to cooking and enjoying delicious salmon: buy good quality salmon (wild is best, and I like Alaskan sockeye) and do not overcook it!