These baked egg squares are a great make-ahead breakfast option. They are fluffy, easy to prep (even while cooking other things at the same time on a weekend), and versatile:
- Eat them plain
- Eat them as “sweet potato” or regular avocado toast (topped with Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Seasoning)
- Make them into a breakfast sandwich with a whole-grain English muffin, a slice of cheddar cheese and a slice of bacon, if desired
Baked Egg Squares (Freezer Friendly)
Make a batch or two of these to have on hand in the fridge or freezer for easy make-ahead weekday breakfasts.
- 8.5 x 11 inch baking dish
- 1 t. butter (for greasing the baking dish)
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/8 t. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread butter with a paper towel to grease baking dish.
- Crack eggs into a small bowl. Add milk and seasonings. Whisk well.
- Pour egg mixture into baking dish; bake for 15-20 minutes, or until firm in the center. Remove and allow to cool completely before cutting into squares. (Large pockets of air may form bubbles, which will flatten as it cools.) Store in fridge or freezer.