Turkey Taco Boats (Gluten Free)
- 2 T. coconut oil
- 3 to 4 bell peppers, halved
- 2 lbs. ground turkey breast
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 4.5-oz. can chopped green chiles (or 1/4 cup salsa, if you prefer)
- 3 T. taco seasoning mix
- 1 t. chipotle pepper, dried (optional)
- 1 bag frozen riced cauliflower (I used Trader Joe’s)
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
- salt, to taste
- Heat coconut oil in skillet. Brown turkey meat with green onions.
- Add green chiles, taco seasoning, chipotle pepper if using, and frozen cauliflower rice. Stir to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Stir in 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Spoon meat mixture into pepper halves. Top with remaining 1 cup of cheese. Place in baking pan and cover with non-stick foil.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 minutes more, or until peppers are cooked as desired.
Serve these taco boats with mashed avocado or guacamole, and sour cream, if desired. You will think there’s rice in them! If you have extra filling, place it in a baking dish, top with cheese and bake covered with foil. These are a delicious leftover lunch for the next day.