Thai Yellow Curry with Baked Tofu
This easy vegan curry is so flavorful and colorful!
- 2 packages of baked tofu
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 whole bell peppers red, yellow, and orange, chopped (or about 3 cups frozen peppers)
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste or to taste; I used Maesri brand, half of a 4 ounce can and it was spicy!
- 2 13.5-ounce cans coconut milk
- 1 cup of broth chicken or vegetable (I prefer homemade, which I keep in the freezer, but canned will work)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce optional; substitute salt if fish sauce is omitted
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup or to taste
- 3 cups green beans frozen
- 1/2 cup fresh basil coarsely chopped
Make baked tofu. (This part can be done even a day in advance and kept in the refrigerator until added to curry.)
While tofu is baking, chop 3 peppers (or use frozen). Place remaining 2 tablespoons coconut oil in pan and saute peppers until almost tender.
Add red curry paste and stir to release flavors for about 1 minute.
Add coconut milk, broth, fish sauce (if using), and maple syrup.
Add frozen green beans; simmer on low until tofu is done baking.
Add baked tofu and chopped basil. Simmer until warmed throughout.
Serve over cauliflower rice or brown rice. Leftovers are delicious, as all the flavors have more time to blend together.