Taco Tuesday Salad
Taco salad always takes me back decades to one my mom made during the summer (it had Catalina dressing!) This version skips the sugary dressing, but has all the important ingredients to make it a filling, delicious, make-ahead meal for any hot day!
- 1 lb. Taco Tuesday Meat (beef, turkey or chicken)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 cups mixed lettuce, washed and dried
- Prepare Taco Tuesday Meat. You can use ground turkey, chicken, or beef.
- Spread lettuce in bottom of a large salad bowl.
- Combine all ingredients with lettuce and toss. Or for a pretty presentation, spread ingredients in vertical lines until serving: prepared meat, cheese, beans, tomatoes, and avocados.
- Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.