Spiced Pumpkin Bread
- 1 15- oz. can pumpkin not pumpkin pie mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup unrefined coconut oil It doesn't affect flavor
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease (with coconut oil or butter) and flour two standard loaf pans (9 x 5 x 2.5 inch) or 6 mini loaf pans (~5.5 x 2.5 inch).
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin, eggs, oil, water and sugar.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix just until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pans (use about 3 cups in a 9 x 3-inch pan; 1 cup in a 5.5 x 2.5-inch pan). Bake at 350: 30 minutes for mini loaves; 45 minutes for large loaves.
- Check center with a toothpick to determine if done. Continue baking a few more minutes, if needed.
This traditional spiced pumpkin bread is a crowd-pleaser and fortunately it makes plenty to share with neighbors and friends. But I really love to use up an entire can of pumpkin!