Skewered Caprese Salad
- 45 fresh mozzarella balls (I prefer the mini “pearls”)
- 30 grape or cherry tomatoes
- 15 fresh basil leaves, halved
- 4 or 5-inch wooden skewers
- Place a mozzarella ball onto a skewer, followed by a tomato, half of a basil leaf, a second mozzarella ball, another tomato, another half of basil leaf and a third mozzarella ball. Repeat until 15 skewers are made.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Just before eating, drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar on top of skewers.
The skewers make this salad portable and utensil-free, but feel free to skip them and combine this salad into a bowl if you prefer.