This microwaved oatmeal cooks up quickly, yet still delivers a serving of whole grains without a lot of added sugar and preservatives.
- 1/2 cup whole oats
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
- Pour oatmeal into microwave-safe bowl. Add water to cover oatmeal. Stir in dashes of cinnamon and salt.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Stir in toppings and milk of choice, if desired.
Consider optional toppings:
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter,
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup,
- fresh fruit, such as half a banana or berries,
- a few toasted nuts,
- toasted unsweetened coconut, or
- 1 tablespoon of dried fruit.