Instant Pot Carnitas
- 2.5 to 3 pounds pork shoulder (Boston butt)
- 1 cup water
- 1 T. oregano
- 1 T. cumin
- 1 T. coriander
- 1 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed or minced
- 1 orange, halved
- 1/2 lime
- Cut pork shoulder into 4 or 5 large pieces.
- Pour water into bottom of Instant Pot insert. Combine spices and salt and rub onto pieces of meat evenly. Place meat in Instant Pot.
- Top meat with chopped onion and garlic.
- Cut orange in half and place cut-side down on top of meat (do not squeeze juice out first).
- Press Manual to set Instant Pot to High Pressure and increase time to 80 minutes. NPR (Natural Pressure Release) for at least 15 minutes.
- Separate meat with a fork. Remove meat from Instant Pot and place on a foil-lined sheet pan, sprinkle with juice of half a lime, and cook in 400-degree oven for 10 minutes to brown and crisp.