- 1/2 lb. ground beef, browned
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can pinto beans, drained
- 1 can butter beans, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup homemade barbecue sauce
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce
- 1 to 2 T. molasses
- 2 t. Dijon mustard
- 1 t. chili powder
- 1/2 t. pepper
- salt, to taste
- Brown ground beef in a skillet. Remove ground beef to a 13×9 inch baking pan.
- Cook bacon slices until done; cool and crumble. Add to meat in baking pan. Add drained beans and other ingredients to baking pan. Stir well.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes; stir and cover with foil for remaining 15 minutes. Turn off oven and keep beans covered with foil in oven until ready to serve.
These baked beans accompany any traditional American barbecue fare. We consider them a treat because they are a little sweet, but I feel better making these as opposed to buying the canned kind and knowing what’s in them!