Smoothies and Breakfast Popsicles
These smoothies are full of real-food ingredients. After serving up some reasonably portioned fresh smoothies, the rest can be made into Popsicles so healthy you can eat them for breakfast!
- 2 cups full-fat yogurt organic and Greek-style if possible
- 1 pound of frozen fruit without sugar
- 2 ounces whole milk or water
- ice optional, to increase thickness
Choose only one of the following for sweetness:
- 1 whole banana
- 15 small frozen grapes
- 1 tablespoon honey
Combine ingredients in high-powered blender in order listed. Follow blender directions.
Pour into 8 or 9 ounce cups for smoothies. Freeze the rest into frozen pop molds.
Suggested fruit combinations:
- Frozen 1 pound of strawberries with 1 frozen banana
- Frozen 1 pint of blueberries with 15 frozen grapes
- Frozen 1 pound of mango (plenty sweet, no extra fruit or honey needed)