Easy Egg Souffles
- 10 eggs
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- 4 oz. Jarsberg cheese, cubed
- 4 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- 1/2 t. salt, or to taste
- pepper to taste
- 4 to 5 slices bacon, cooked and chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375. Combine all ingredients except bacon into a high-powered blender. Starting on low, increase speed to medium (6 or 7 on a Vitamix) gradually for about 10 seconds, or just until well-blended.
- Pour evenly into a 12-muffin silicone tray. Add bacon bits to each egg cup, if desired.
- Bake at 375 for 18 to 20 minutes, or just until soft and no longer liquidy. Tops will be slightly browned. (Egg cups continue to cook slightly as they cool. If making these ahead to later reheat, under cook them slightly by 2 minutes or so, so they don’t get rubbery when reheated.)
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
These egg souffles are bigger, better, easier and cheaper than Starbucks sous-vide egg bites! They are delicious with or without bacon. They are also very versatile and you can substitute any type of cheeses you prefer. They reheat well from the fridge and freeze well (thaw overnight before reheating in the oven or microwave just until warm.)