Instant Pot Creole Shrimp and Andouille Sausage with Kale
- 2 T. butter
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- ¾ cup red onion, diced
- ¾ cup celery, diced
- 1 12-oz. package andouille sausage, diced (I like Aidell’s)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or diced
- 1 t. thyme
- 1 t. Creole seasoning mix
- 1 cup broth
- 2 lbs. (16-20 size) wild caught shrimp, with shells and tails on, frozen
- 2 cups baby kale, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Push Saute button on Instant Pot. When hot, add butter to insert and melt. Add pepper, onion and celery; cook for 4 minutes, until soft and transluscent. Stir in diced sausage; cook for 2 minutes, until slightly browned. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add thyme, Creole seasoning and broth to insert. Place frozen shrimp in a steamer insert and place on top of sausage and vegetable mixture. Close lid and seal Instant Pot pressure valve. Select the Manual setting, high pressure, and set the timer to 4 minutes. When done, carefully open valve avoiding the steam, for a quick release (you can place a towel over the valve, if desired.)
- Remove steamer basket of shrimp. When able to handle, remove tails and peel shrimp; discard shells. Return peeled shrimp to Instant Pot insert. Stir in kale and cream.
This is delicious served over mashed sweet potatoes.
Note: If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can easily make this in a skillet. Simply use thawed, peeled shrimp.