Creamy Asiago Chicken with Mushrooms and Spinach
- 1 pound of chicken breast tenders
- 4 T. butter (divided)
- 8 oz. mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup chicken broth (or white wine)
- 3/4 t. dried thyme
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese, shredded
- 1 large bag of baby spinach, fresh
- Parmesan cheese for top (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat 2 T. butter in skillet. Brown chicken for 5 minutes on each side, remove to plate. Complete in batches if necessary.
- Heat remaining 2 T. butter in skillet. Saute mushrooms about 10 minutes until browned. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Pour chicken broth (or white wine) over mushrooms to deglaze the pan and simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes, until the liquid has evaporated by half.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add dried thyme, cream and asiago cheese. Stir until melted.
- Return chicken to pan and add fresh spinach. Cook, stirring, for a few minutes until chicken is heated through and spinach is wilted. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
This chicken is great served alone with roasted vegetables on the side, or on top of zoodles, cauliflower rice, or brown rice.