Chicken Tikka Masala (Slow Cooker)
This is an easy, dump meal that basically cooks itself and is loaded with flavor.
- Slow Cooker
- 2.5 pounds boneless chicken thighs cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 15-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 15-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoons fresh ginger grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- cilantro to garnish (optional)
- Place chopped chicken and chopped onion into slow cooker.
- Combine remaining ingredients except for cilantro and add to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Serve in bowls. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
Serve with brown rice or riced cauliflower and a colorful vegetable for an easy weeknight, real-food meal. You may even have a few bonus leftover servings for lunches. Or think about doubling the recipe if your slow cooker is large enough (a 6-quart slow cooker). It freezes well for another week if you don't like having the same thing two times in a row.