B's Homemade Guacamole
- 3 avocados
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced (leave seeds in for extra heat)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine the onion, tomato and pepper in a food processor until finely chopped; then add in the cilantro and pulse a few times. (Or chop each vegetable by hand if preferred.) Stop here if making ahead of time and add avocados at the last minute to avoid browning.
- Use fork to mash avocados; mix with juice from 1 lime.
- Add avocados to chopped vegetables and drizzle with 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Enjoy guacamole on top of Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls, fish tacos, or burgers; or as a dip for vegetables. Or you can always just eat it by the spoonful like I sometimes do.