Birthday Lava Cakes (Gluten free)
- 6 ounces dark chocolate (60-72% cacao)
- 5 T. coconut oil plus 1 T extra for greasing muffin tin
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 t. vanilla extract
- 1/4 t. salt
- 2 T. honey
- 2 t. coconut flour
- 4 t. cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s 100% cacao)
Directions1. Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 6-muffin disposable pan (see note below if using ramekins) with melted coconut oil. Dust with cocoa powder and set aside.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate and coconut oil on low in microwave. Stir until smooth and let cool.
3. In a KitchenAid mixer or using a hand mixer, mix eggs, vanilla, salt and honey until light and foamy, about 5 minutes.
4. Pour egg mixture into chocolate, and add coconut flour and cocoa powder; fold together. Pour batter into prepared muffin tin (fill each cup 2/3 full).
5. Place muffin tin on a baking sheet and place in oven. Bake for 6-7 minutes. Do not overbake or you will have brownies (which is not necessarily a bad thing!) Cut apart disposable muffin tin to flip and remove easily onto a plate. Serve warm. I don’t strictly follow a Paleo diet, so since we generally have this only a couple times a year, we like it topped with fresh whipped cream or a little vanilla ice cream (choose one with fewer than 5 ingredients.)