Baked Bacon and Egg Cups
- 6 bacon strips, uncooked
- 6 eggs
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- crumbled feta or other cheese (optional)
- chopped chives or other herbs (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400. Use a bacon strip to line each muffin cup, looping or pressing the bacon around the sides and using any small broken bits to line the bottom. It does not have to be a perfect fit. Place the bacon-lined muffin tin in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes before continuing.
- Gently crack 1 egg into each bacon cup, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with cheese and herbs, if desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the egg whites are set. Let sit for a couple minutes and then, using a knife or spoon, gently remove the egg cups from the tray. Serve hot or warm.
Stores well in refrigerator; reheat in microwave for easy make-ahead breakfast for the week.